Winner - Gold Award - Enjoy Staffordshire Large Visitor Attraction of the Year 2019.
Winner - Gold Award - Enjoy Staffordshire Ethical, Responsible & Sustainable Tourism Award 2019.
Winner - Silver Award - Enjoy Staffordshire Accessible & Inclusive Tourism Award 2019.
Unleash the ‘Power of the Towers’ in 2019 as you share joy, laughter and thrills with family and friends at Britain’s Greatest Escape! This year some amazing new attractions join the Resort’s world class rides and attractions - dare you add a visit to the new Alton Towers Dungeon where you can laugh and scream as you journey through Staffordshire’s darkest history. And if that’s not scary enough, enjoy the UK’s latest wooden rollercoaster experience on Wicker Man, feel G-forces greater than a space shuttle on Nemesis, brave Oblivion’s iconic vertical drop, ride The Smiler’s 14 loops or satisfy your need for speed on Rita – hold on tight!
For those with little ones in tow, head over to CBeebies Land where the brand new ‘Peter RabbitTM Hippity Hop’ ride, featuring the mischievous bunny Peter Rabbit and his friends Benjamin and Lily, joins the much-loved characters and themed attractions for 2019. Families can also join Tinky-Winky, Dipsy, Laa-Laa and Po in a musical extravaganza, as they perform their new show, the ‘Teletubbies Big Band Live Show’!
Also new this year, enjoy the great outdoors with a stay in the new Stargazing Pods. The great value camping-style pods join the Resort’s four themed hotels, indoor waterpark, luxury spa and eighteen hole crazy-golf course – all situated just a stone’s throw away from the UK’s leading theme park!
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Gate Price - Adult (12+)||£56.00 per adult|
|Gate Price - Child (2-11) Under 2's go free||£48.00 per child|
|Season Pass * Date Restrictions Apply||£56.00 per ticket|
Book advance tickets on-line for discounted rates.
Map & Directions
By car: Travelling North - M1 - Junction 23a or M6 - Junction 15 Travelling South - M1 - Junction 24a or M6 - Junction 16 Follow brown & white tourist signs for Alton Towers. London: 3 hrs (150 miles) Nottingham: 1hr (40 miles) Manchester: 1.5 hrs (50 miles) Sheffield: 1.5 hrs (45 miles) Glasgow: 5 hrs (270 miles) Disabled parking is available and is clearly signposted on arrival
Public Transport Directions
Nearest mainline railway station: Stoke-on-Trent station, 17 miles away.
- Staffordshire Awards Enjoy Staffordshire Tourism & Good Food Awards - Gold 2022
- Staffordshire Awards Enjoy Staffordshire Tourism & Good Food Awards - Silver 2022
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
- Wheelchairs available
Booking & Payment Details
- Cash Point
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- On-site catering
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Baby changing facilities
- Children welcome
- Pushchairs available
- 2m distancing in place - Guests are asked to stay with family and friend groups and keep 2m apart (whenever possible) from other guest groups. Custom social distancing strategies are in place for individual rides and attractions which include empty rows and seats.
- Advance booking essential - All visitors, including Season & Annual Passholders, will need to book a ticket in advance via www.altontowers.com
- Capacity limit - The theme park will open on 4th July with very restricted numbers to ensure a smooth, safe operation for guests and employees. Guest numbers will gradually increase, and we will continue to review the maximum capacity in line with Government guidance and ensuring that all our guests can still enjoy a great experience.
- Clear signage
- Contactless payment possible - Card payments only accepted, preferably contactless.
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Face mask essential (not provided) - Guests will be required to wear a face mask in order to go on a number of rides and rollercoasters at Alton Towers Resort.
- Face masks available for visitors - Guests are encouraged to bring a suitable mask with them when they visit or buy one whilst they’re at the Resort. Guests will not be permitted to ride without a face mask, unless they are under the age or 6 or have certain medical conditions / disabilities.
- Face masks required for staff in public areas - Visitors will see our guest-facing employees wearing protective equipment including face masks and, where appropriate, visors.
- Floors clearly marked for social distancing
- Food available during COVID-19 restrictions - A variety of refreshments will be available to purchase from ‘grab and go’ areas around the outdoor spaces, selling a range of snacks, hot and cold drinks and ice-creams.
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff - Hand sanitiser stations have been installed throughout the theme park, including at ride entrances and exits.
- Hygiene screens in place - We have installed new hygiene screens at our service counters and food stalls to help physically separate guests from employees.
- Online booking only
- Open now - From 4th July 2020, the majority of rides and attractions will reopen, however a small number of rides and indoor attractions may remain closed under current social distancing guidelines.
- Queuing system
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for visitors - To be safely admitted into the Resort, guests and employees are asked to participate in a temperature check using a non-touch thermometer. These non-invasive temperature checks are being applied as a condition of entry.
- Out of Hours Visits
- Parking with charge - £6.00 charge
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Gift shop
- Public toilets
- Smoking allowed - in designated areas
- Telephone (public)
- WiFi or internet access - Free
- Regional Tourist Board Member
- Accepts groups
- Coach parties accepted
- Alton Towers Coronavirus Safety Measures
|Season (12 Apr 2022 - 7 Nov 2022)|
* Please check for opening times as they vary throughout the year at www.altontowers.com