Alton Towers Rollercoaster Restaurant
Tel: 0871 222 1100
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating2430 reviews
For guests seeking a dining experience with a twist, Alton Towers Resort offers the UK’s first Rollercoaster Restaurant!
The restaurant is set below a vast rollercoaster track where diners can watch as their order tackles two gravity defying loop-the-loops before dropping 8 metres down the tornado spiral to their table. From a standing start, every dish will compete to its final destination, racing along 400m of spiralling steel track.
Each diner will enjoy a full 360° dining experience at one of the 13 tables and will get to select from the delicious menu of family favourites – including grills, mains, burgers, salads and great kids options as well as the Ultimate Twister Ice Cream Bowl!
The restaurant is open for lunch and dinner* and is ideal for families and thrill-seeking guests who are also looking to extend their Alton Towers experience with a short break once the rides have closed.
*Entry to the theme park is not required for evening dining – come and enjoy this unique restaurant experience!
Lunch mains range from £9.95 to £15.95
Dinner mains range from £11.95 to £29.95
Kids mains £7.95
Map & Directions
By car: Travelling North - M1 - Junction 23a or M6 - Junction 15 Travelling South - M1 - Junction 24a or M6 - Junction 16 Follow brown & white tourist signs for Alton Towers. London: 3 hrs (150 miles) Nottingham: 1hr (40 miles) Manchester: 1.5 hrs (50 miles) Sheffield: 1.5 hrs (45 miles) Glasgow: 5 hrs (270 miles)
Disabled parking is available and is clearly signposted on arrival
Public Transport Directions
Nearest railway station is Stoke-on-Trent which is 17 miles away.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good562
- Accredited Taste of Staffordshire Quality Marque
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
- Wheelchairs available
Booking & Payment Details
- Cash Point
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Credit cards accepted (with charge)
- Chef - Dan Wilbraham, Executive Head Chef
- Covers - 150
- Guide price - Lunch from £9.95, Dinner £11.95 - £29.95
- On-site catering
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Specialities - Super Looper Dish, 8oz British Fillet Steak with Buttered Lobster Tail. Smoked with Alton Forest Wood Chips, Served with chips, watercress, grilled tomato, mushrooms, crispy onions and your choice of Peppercorn or Béarnaise Sauce.
- Baby changing facilities
- Pushchairs available
- Education/study area
- Facilities for educational visits
- Facilities for groups
Meeting, Conference & Wedding Facilities
- Facilities for conferencing
- Facilities for corporate hospitality
- Parking with charge
- Gift shop
- Public toilets
- Telephone (public)
- English Heritage Property
- Regional Tourist Board Member
- Welcome Host
- Accepts groups
- Coach parties accepted
* Booking advisable in the day and essential for evenings.
Please book online via https://www.altontowers.com/activities/places-to-eat/rollercoaster-restaurant/
For day time bookings during normal operating hours, the restaurant is only accessible to guests who have gained access to the park by purchasing tickets or Merlin Pass holders. Due to the nature of the operation, table exclusivity is not guaranteed.
Please note some date exclusions may apply.