At Mayfield Snuggery you will find a collection of five unique hand-built lodges, accommodating two or four people. Fresh country style interiors are complimented by beautiful furnishings, giving these stunning lodges a real taste of home. Each self-catering lodge has their own exclusive hot tub and sauna – the ideal way to unwind and relax in the Heart of the Country whichever time of year you choose to visit.
Situated on the Staffordshire/Derbyshire border, the location is ideal for exploring the charming southern Peak District where you’ll find country walks, quaint villages and an array of local attractions and activities within easy reach such as the Tissington Trail, the beauty spot of Dovedale, Carsington Water, Chatsworth House and thrill seekers you will be pleased to know that Alton Towers is just a 15 minute drive away.
This accommodation does not have any available rooms
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Cosy Burrows||from £1,140.00 to £1,790.00 per unit per week|
|Ducks two Water||from £995.00 to £1,490.00 per unit per week|
|Me & Ewe||from £1,115.00 to £1,615.00 per unit per week|
|Snug as a Bug||from £995.00 to £1,490.00 per unit per week|
|Tawnies Nest||from £995.00 to £1,490.00 per unit per week|
*Short breaks from £565 for Snug as a Bug, Tawnies Nest and Ducks two Water; from £615 for Me & Ewe and from £625 for Cosy Burrows.
Map & Directions
When heading over to Mayfield Snuggery, please use the post code DE6 2JU for Sat Nav. This will take you along the B5032 road and you will turn in to Hermitage Lane (look out for the Mayfield Snuggery sign post). Head down Hermitage Lane and take a right turn on to Slack Lane. Follow the road around. You will then see the Mayfield Snuggery welcome sign and the road leading down to the lodges.
Public Transport Directions
Uttoxeter Train Station is 9.5 miles away and Derby Train Station is 17 miles away from Mayfield Snuggery lodges
The public bus ‘Swift’ operates to/from Uttoxeter and Derby. There is a bus stop on the Main Road near to Mayfield Snuggery lodges.
- Staffordshire Awards Enjoy Staffordshire Tourism & Good Food Awards - Gold 2022
- Staffordshire Awards Enjoy Staffordshire Tourism & Good Food Awards - Silver 2022
Booking & Payment Details
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Barbecue - Freestanding coal barbecue available to hire
- Contactless check-in
- Contactless check-out
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Individually wrapped toiletries
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Free WIFI
- Sauna onsite - Each self-catering lodge has their own exclusive hot tub and sauna.
- Sleeps up to 2 - 4 x lodges for two
- Sleeps up to 4 - 1 x lodge for four
- Free Parking - Each lodge has space for 2 cars
- Non-smoking property
- Hot Tub
|Open New Year|
|Season (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
* Open all year around, including over the festive period.
Short breaks: Monday to Friday for 4 nights & Friday to Monday for 3 nights
Week and Fortnight breaks: 7 / 14 nights from either Monday or Friday
10 night breaks: Starting from a Friday
Minimum break length: Our shortest break is the 3 night weekend break. We do not offer 1 or 2 nights.
Maximum break length: 28 days
Festive breaks: Due to the day of the week that Christmas falls on, the festive breaks do not always start on a Monday or Friday each year.