A stunning detached quirky cottage, which used to be the old Pump Engine House for the Water Tower which supplied water to Chillington Hall and its farm buildings. Offering luxurious accommodation.
Open plan living space.
Living area: With Freeview Smart TV.
Kitchen area: With electric cooker, electric hob, microwave, fridge and dishwasher.
Bedroom: With super kingsize bed and Smart TV.
Bathroom: With bath, walk-in shower, toilet and heated towel rail.
Air source heating, electricity, bed linen, towels and Wi-Fi included. Welcome pack. Enclosed front garden with patio and garden furniture. Private parking for 1 car. One pet welcome, to be kept on lead at all times. No smoking.
The Pump House has been transformed into an amazing holiday home that provides excellent quality, superb furnishings and beautiful views over some of the estate land. The estate itself lies on the Staffordshire/Shropshire borders, providing a good base from which to discover both areas.
Guests are able to explore some of the private grounds of the Hall or the many public footpaths and bridleways that cross the 4000-acre estate (maps provided on arrival). On certain days of the year, the grounds are opened up to the public so they can explore the beautiful Hall, the Capability Brown landscaped Park, Lake and Woodlands.
Attractions nearby include Penkridge Wharf and The Shropshire Union Canal, the RAF Museum at Cosford, The Potteries, Ironbridge Gorge Museum, Dudley Zoological Gardens, Stafford Castle, National Sea Life Centre and the Hoo Farm Animal Kingdom. Birmingham is just 30 minutes’ away, with train services running from Codsall, just 2½ miles away. With the historic towns of Ludlow and Worcester within easy driving distance, it truly is a perfect base.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|The Pump House|
*Gardeners Cottage is a 2 bedroom property which can sleep up to 4 people. The price varies depending on how many nights you are staying and the season. There is no minimum occupancy. Please see prices on the attached link to our booking page. https://www.cottages.com/cottages/gardeners-cottage-ukc1360
Map & Directions
Key collection details will be sent over with the directions by email a few days before your booking.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest bus stop is in Brewood which is 2 miles away from the cottage.
The nearest train station is Codsall, which is a very small station- not all trains stop here. The better train station to use is either Stafford or Wolverhampton which have Taxi ranks outside.
Booking & Payment Details
- Advance booking essential - https://www.cottages.com/cottages/the-pump-house-uk34857
- Online Booking Possible
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted - https://www.cottages.com/cottages/the-pump-house-uk34857
- Children welcome
- Electric Hob
- Microwave cooker
- Central heating
- Ironing facilities - Iron & Ironing Board in Property
- Free WIFI
- Shooting - See website for details www.chillingtonhall.co.uk
Linen & Bedding
- Linen provided
- Towels Provided
- Sleeps up to 2
- Private parking
- Dogs Accepted
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Enclosed Garden
- Non-smoking property
- Pet Friendly
- WiFi or internet access
- Wood Burner
- DVD player
- King-sized bed
- Scenic view
- Building of historical interest - Listed Property, part of the Estate, building history available to read at cottage
- Working farm - Working Estate, often Ewes/Lambs in field next to cottage
- Dog Friendly Holidays
- Off the Beaten Track
- Single sex groups welcomed
|Open all year (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
* Cottage bookings are taken for a minimum of 3 nights or more. Normal arrival/departure days are Monday & Fridays but we are happy to accept dates other than these if available. We take bookings all year round.