AboutThe Monkey Trail start is reached via the Follow the Dog Trail. More physically and technically demanding than Follow the Dog, this singletrack mountain bike trail contains technical trail features and several black options (all black options and technical trail features rejoin the main trail). The Monkey Trail was built and designed in partnership with Chase Trails and features technical rock gardens, boardwalks, jumps and drops. The trail finishes with the awesome ‘Lower Cliff’ descent.
Entry is free into the forest but parking charges apply.
Map & Directions
Cannock Chase AONB is located between the towns of Cannock, Hednesford & Rugeley. The Forest Centre can be accessed via the A51 or A34 following directional white on brown signs to the Visitor Centre.
Public Transport Directions
The nearest railway station is Rugeley Town, which is 3 miles away.
- Disabled toilets
- On-site catering
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Baby changing facilities
- Education/study area
- Facilities for educational visits
- Facilities for groups
- Parking with charge
- Gift shop
- Public toilets
- Telephone (public)
- Accessibility of route - Birches Valley Forestry Centre
- Description of route - One way MTB trail
- Difficult Route - Red Grade - suitable for proficient mountain bikers with good off-roading skills.
- Length of route (miles) - 14.2 miles (22.8 km)
- Coach parties accepted
* Open daily from 07:30 am. Closed Christmas Day