Who is Destination Staffordshire?
Destination Staffordshire is the dynamic Tourism Board partnership of attractions, accommodation, eating establishments tourism and arts businesses and local authorities all working together to attract more visitors to the county.
It is chaired by a private sector partner, currently Sarah Montgomery of the National Memorial Arboretum. It was formed after strategies commissioned for both North and South Staffordshire concluded that both areas would prosper better in tourism terms from marketing themselves on a Staffordshire-wide platform. The County Council tourism team provide the secretariat for the Partnership and commits its entire budget to Destination Staffordshire.
The partnership has branded itself as Destination Staffordshire Tourism Board and adopted a researched logo (the roundel device) and brand propositions, namely The Staffordsheer initiative.
Destination Staffordshire concerns itself with all relevant aspects of the visitor economy in Staffordshire. Membership is drawn from all sectors of the tourism and leisure industry within the county including:-
-Eating and drinking establishments
- To co-ordinate marketing activity to attract visitors to Staffordshire, encourage them to stay longer and disperse them throughout the county.
- To provide a web portal for the county's leisure and tourism product.
- To improve the skill base of the people involved within the industry and promote staff retention and recruitment.
- Provide a focus for the development of key issues such as sustainable tourism.
- Provide a research and monitoring facility to inform the decision making process.
- Provide a channel to identify and share best practice and improve communication throughout the industry.
- Bid for funding to support these objectives.