This May and June join us in getting the summer vibes going as Mardi Gras returns to Alton Towers for 2022! This Carnival inspired takeover will dazzle you with an explosion of colours, sounds, high energy entertainment and so much more! Not forgetting that you will have the chance to ride our thrilliant world-class rollercoasters and fantabulous family faves as well as try some utterly delicious food from around the world. Don’t miss out!
Every day the Resort will be transformed into the biggest street party ever with music, street performers and colour, creating a fantabulous feel-good atmosphere.
Each themed area of the park will be represented by its very own flamboyantly dressed ‘Krewe’ with its own static parade float! Throughout the day, each Krewe will be ‘takin it to the streets’ for some high-energy live entertainment filling the streets with all the colours and energy that Mardi Gras has to offer.
There will be street food stalls offering flavours from around the world including Deep South USA inspired favourites.
Each morning, a carnival King and Queen will be chosen from amongst the guests and crowned during a lavish masquerade ceremony on Towers Street. Once anointed, the King and Queen will be treated like VIPs for the entire day!
Mardi Gras entertainment is included within the price of a theme park ticket. Day passes from £38.00 per person (in advance)
Pre-booking your ticket or short break in advance is essential.
Map & Directions
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
- Facilities for hearing impaired
- Facilities for visually impaired
Booking & Payment Details
- Cash Point
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- On-site catering
- On-site light refreshments
- Children welcome
- 2m distancing in place
- Advance booking essential
- Capacity limit
- Clear signage
- Contactless payment possible
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Face mask essential (not provided)
- Floors clearly marked for social distancing
- Food available during COVID-19 restrictions
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Hygiene screens in place
- Online booking possible
- Outside seating
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for visitors
- Facilities for groups
- Parking with charge
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Gift shop
- Public toilets
- Accepts groups
- Coach parties accepted
Sorry, this event has passed