Enjoy Staffordshire Tourism Awards 2016
The 2016 Tourism Awards are about to open with exciting new categories. As usual most of winners will go up to the prestigious Visit England Awards for Excellence.
Good News! the application forms have now been streamlined and all applications will be able to be entered on-line. Watch this space for more news to come.We want you to be part of it!
New Categories for 2016
1. Hotel of the Year: Full service hotel.
2. Boutique Accommodation/Small Hotel of the Year:
High quality, smaller hotels and more professionally-run guest houses and B&Bs offering excellent service.
3. B&B/Guest House of the Year: Max 6 bedrooms and owners must live on-site. Must offer breakfast.
4. Self Catering Property of the Year: One property only, in any one location.
5. Self Catering Holiday Provider of the Year: Specifically two or more properties at one location
6. Holiday Park of the Year:
7. Glamping Provider of the Year: where this is the main operation.
8. Small Visitor Attraction of the Year: Attractions under 75,000 visitors and/or fewer than 10 full-time equivalent paid staff
9 Large Visitor Attraction of the Year: Attractions with over 75,000 visitors a year.
10. Guided Tour of the Year: i.e paid/volunteer guides in an attraction, bus tour guides, boat trip guides etc.
11. Dog Friendly Business of the Year: Not just accommodation – any tourism business
12. Tourism Pub of the Year: Any pub in Staffordshire that makes a significant contribution to tourism in their area.
13. Restaurant of the Year: Must be Taste accredited
14. Tea Room of the Year: Must be Taste accredited
15. Food Retailer of the Year: Must be Taste accredited
16. Sustainable Tourism: Tourism businesses that can illustrate their excellence and commitment to sustainability best practice.
17. Inclusive Tourism: New title for Access for All
18. Business Tourism:
Frequently asked questions
For 2015 there is no charge to enter the awards.
Can I enter more than one category?
Yes, business can enter as many categories as they was as long as they meet the required criteria for each category. However, separate application forms must be submitted for each.
Can I enter the Taste Awards without being assessed for the Taste of Staffordshire Marque.
No, as judging of taste awards:- Restaurant, Food Retailer and Tea Room, is through the Judge's visit. You can apply for marque assessment by contacting Jo Lloyd - 01785 277397.
Please read this section in the application form carefully as submitting the right evidence in the correct way will help the judges reach objective, consistent and equitable decisions. Providing evidence is not mandatory, but will help the judges to fully understand and assess the application. Not everything that is available should be forwarded to the judges. Sometimes less is more!
Format needs to be in either a known Microsoft format or PDF. Please do not submit Memory sticks, CD’s, DVD’s of Videos as they will not be considered. All evidence files must be marked up to the question it relates to. "Quest4-mission statement"