Mountain or Hill, free entry
No public contact
The limestone cliffs which fringe the Manifold Valley contain several rock-climbing areas, and named rock features, such as Beeston Tor (grid reference SK105540) which overlooks the confluence with the River Hamps.
There was a small station here, of the same name, opened by the narrow gauge Leek and Manifold Valley Light Railway on June 27, 1904, whilst being entirely operated by the North Staffordshire Railway. The station had no siding - unlike most of the stations on the line - but there was a refreshment room.
The line closed in 1934, but in 1937 the route was reopened as the Manifold Way, a fully-tarmacked 8 mile walk and cycle path which runs from Hulme in the north to Waterhouses in the south.