Lake, free entry
The site comprises of an easy level and broad path surrounding a man-made body of water dating back to 1846. wheelchair access is available from the car park to hard surfaced southern and eastern paths.
The designed landscape of the site with the remains of a double avenue of yew trees suggests a connection with Hales Hall built in 1722.
The pool is presumed to have supplied mills further downstream.
Open all the time
SJ 984567 53.10748 -2.02534
By car - situated off the B5417 Oakamoor Road about 1km east of Cheadle Town Centre. There is a well-signed entrance with a car park for about 20 cars.
By bus/walking - the site is about a 15-minute walk from the centre of Cheadle with excellent bus connections to the rest of the Moorlands.